Weddings & Events
Just a short scenic drive from the Twin Cities….
Small Corporate Meetings…. Family Reunions….
Elopements…. Intimate Weddings….
Host your next small group getaway to the delightful
and scenic river town of historic Red Wing, staying at
the classic Golden Lantern Inn.
GROUPS & MEETINGS
The Golden Lantern Inn sleeps up to 15 people, and prices include a full hot sumptuous breakfast. Our entire first floor is available for your group’s gathering times, including our spacious living room, library and dining room. When weather allows, the stone porch and backyard offer additional gathering areas. We can provide refreshments, or arrange for catered lunches or dinners if desired. The inn is also equipped with WiFi, FAX and central air conditioning, cable. Complimentary on-site parking. You won’t want to leave!
The Golden Lantern Inn is an ideal location for your personalized wedding ceremony or reception. Whether you prefer an outdoor garden setting or an intimate indoor ceremony, we can provide a tasteful and romantic venue for your special day.
When you book the Golden Lantern Inn for your wedding, you will have exclusive use of the entire house and grounds during the event. This offers much needed flexibility and allows plenty of time for rehearsal, set-up and after-ceremony festivities. The details include:
• Use of five guest rooms, which can accommodate up to15 people.
• Full buffet breakfast including champagne included with two night bookings. Single night bookings include a continental style breakfast of beverages, pastries and fresh fruit.
• Reservations for the weekend can be Friday or Saturday or both. Weekdays can also be booked for one or more nights.
• Indoor weddings are limited to 50 people and outdoor weddings to 80.
• $2,600.00 Friday and Saturday
• $1,500.00 Friday or Saturday
• $1.200.00 Sunday-Thursday
Our property is made up of three city lots and more than one acre in size, allowing us to accommodate groups up to 80 people. Here are a few features of our property:
• Three patios areas and an enclosed stone porch make perfect locations for serving food or setting up a bar.
• A seven-foot, vine draped privacy fence provides a quiet setting that’s all your own.
• The expansive yard is rimmed with gardens and patio settings that allow guests to mingle before and after the ceremony.
• An on-grounds parking lot is perfect for valet service or handicapped guests, and a large lot is available across the street to accommodate the remaining guests.
• The grounds are set up for easy access to electricity so it’s no problem to hook up the appropriate sound system.
• Our wonderfully manicured lawn can accommodate a tent covering 20’ x 40’, which seats up to 80 guests and leaves ample room for the wedding ceremony.
Built in 1932, this beautiful Tudor-revival style home was formerly occupied by three presidents of the Red Wing Shoe Company. Its 7,000 square feet were wonderfully crafted with the finest wood, marble and tile inside, and stone, stucco and tile outside. A few of the details:
• We can accommodate up to 15 people in five guest rooms.
• The entire first floor is common space available for small weddings (up to 50 people), gift opening, groom’s dinners or small receptions.
• We can do as little or as much as you’d like, but we do charge a fee for additional services. We use local sources for catering, photography, equipment rental, etc. We also can provide our staff for assistance during the reception or to help set up the wedding.
• A restroom is located on the main floor for guest use.
• Our guest rooms all feature king or queen-size beds, and most rooms have their own fireplace, double whirlpool or both.
Catering charge or Kitchen Use ($250)
Whether you choose to cater or make your own meal, our spacious kitchen is ideal. This charge includes the use of the kitchen. We will handle the kitchen clean up.
Wedding Reservation Policies
Reserving party is responsible for full payment, which will include a deposit of 50% at the time the reservation is made
Deposit will be forfeited if the reservation is cancelled. If the cancellation occurs within one month of the event, then the reserving party is responsible for the full amount unless we can rebook the rooms.
Check in is 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. or by arrangement, check out is 11 a.m.
Smoking is permitted on back patio only.
Please call to set up an appointment and tour the Inn and Gardens. If you are having a larger wedding, please consider The Golden Lantern for your wedding night or honeymoon, we offer a great discount package for honeymooners!