Breakfast & Recipes
At the Golden Lantern B&B
we consider a warm welcome, a comfortable bed and a
gourmet breakfast to be the foundation
on which the perfect stay is built.
We also know that our guests visit the B&B for reasons as individual as they are. So if dining en suite in your pajamas is the ultimate luxury, we are happy to deliver breakfast to your room. If you’d rather mingle, we offer breakfast in our formal dining room, or in fine weather, on our three-season stone porch. Either way, you can expect a savory and satisfying start the day.
We use only the freshest seasonal produce, organic eggs from local farmers and from scratch recipes. In the summer, our gardens brim with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, rhubarb, raspberries, peaches, plums, tomatoes, asparagus, peppers and watermelon. So don’t be surprised to learn that what you find on your plate may have been picked fresh that very morning!
Golden Lantern Recipe of the Month
Easy, fun and festive, these will become a favorite holiday treat!
Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Brownies
1 3.5 oz. box instant chocolate pudding
1 package brownie mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cupped canned or home made buttercream frosting
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1/4 cup crushed red and white peppermint candies or canes
- Preheat overn to 350 degrees. Grease a 9” by 13” pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together pudding and brownie mixes. Add eggs, oil and water and stir until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes. Cool.
- In mixing bowl, whisk together melted chips and frosting, add confectioner’s sugar and extract, mix until smooth.
- Frost cooled brownies and sprinkle with crushed candies.